Patient Services Coordinator (Las Vegas)
The Cure4TheKids Accountability Creed
We are reliable, trustworthy and act with integrity
- We stand ready to be counted upon to do the right thing for the health and highest interest of our patients, our team and for the organization.
- We own and are responsible for our actions and outcomes.
- We take responsibility for our own work and efforts and do not assign cause or blame toward others for the results we are generating.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the Patient Experience. We are answerable as individuals and team members for all interactions our patients have with our organization, we are in charge of patient perceptions, across the continuum of care we provide.
We are transparent and open in our communication both individually and as a team.
- We are open and respectful in our communication. We do not speak poorly of others and bring our challenges and grievances openly to our team and manager.
We are responsible for doing our part for patient outcomes through continuous quality improvement and service excellence
- We are focused on personal, professional and clinical excellence and improving our skills and awareness as a contributing team member. We are open to feedback and training to improve ourselves and the organization.
If you said yes to all of these questions and feel you can add to our culture, please keep reading…
Important/Critical to the interview process to be considered for our team:
The following Accountability Creed is a crucial part of our culture and interview process. We consider our initial interactions as a mutual interview. Are you right for us and are we right for you. Be prepared to speak about how you feel about being part of a culture that embodies this creed. If in the initial phone interview, when you are asked to share your thoughts about the Accountability Creed, if you are unclear or do not recall reading it, you will not proceed in the interview process.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Are you an exceptional Interpreter/Translator who absolutely thrives on being part of an accountable team? Can you dedicate yourself to being part of a team serving the needs of children and their families? Do you bring the highest standards of integrity and professionalism to your team? Do you thrive in an environment where you are valued and appreciated for who you are, how hard you work and for that something special you bring to the teams you choose to work with? Are you looking for an organization that offers competitive compensation and one of the broadest and most comprehensive benefit packages available in the field of healthcare?
This is a role that requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to solving problems and patient challenges. We frown upon elitists who often use the phrase "that's not my job" or "someone else can do it". The primary goal is to bring the best patient care and experience for our area's sickest children, not about feeding anyone's ego.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complex patient appointment scheduling; including infusion and procedure schedules.
- Maintaining a friendly and helpful environment for all patients and parents by demonstrating the highest of customer service expectations.
- Quickly and professionally, answer telephones: taking complete and accurate messages per organizational guidelines, and /or transfer and routing call properly.
- Responsible for general voice mailbox monitoring on a regular basis several times throughout the day; including seeing that all messages are addressed and parents/patients are notified of any delays.
- Greet patients/parents and visitors in a welcoming and enthusiastic manner; making eye contact and offer a helpful hand as needed. Ensure that all appropriate visitors/vendors sign in and are provided with a visitor badge.
- Update and file patient medical records, both electronic and paper files.
- Assist patients with completion of required paperwork, scan insurance cards and photo ID’s, as well as updating patient/parent information on a regular basis; including ensuring that new patient paperwork is completed at the time of registration.
- Handle correspondence, including incoming faxes and emails.
- Notify providers if patients are late, schedule and reschedule appointments/procedures and infusions as needed.
- Locating and scanning documents as required.
- Rapid Response involvement as assigned.
- Prepare charts for the following day’s clinic; including verifying that eligibility and covered benefits have been checked, preparing superbills, and ensuring patient records have the required documentation for efficient follow-up appointments.
- Collect co-payments, deductibles and patient account balances. Balance daily front desk collections and close daily journals with appropriate team member(s).
- Draft return to school notes and other correspondence as directed by providers.
- Keep the front office/waiting room clean and organized.
- Communicate with patients/parents about wait times; including offering refreshments as appropriate.
- Print patient information letters (detailed version) and confirm with patients that all information is correct and current.
- Check out patients and schedule appropriate follow-up appointments.
- Calling to confirm next day appointment.
- Participate with the collection of Patient Satisfaction Surveys, and continually working towards improved patient/parent satisfaction.
- Allscripts/EHR navigation in order to provide outstanding customer services to parents/patients via the phone or face-to-face while in the waiting room.
- Creating and maintaining a gossip free environment.
- Follow all required Infection Control initiatives by maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Maintain proper pers
Interested in Applying?
Click the button below and you'll be directed to our online application portal then click apply now in the top right corner.APPLY NOW