Nurse Administrator for The Office of the CNO (Las Vegas)
The Cure4TheKids Accountability Creed
We are reliable, trustworthy and act with integrity
- We stand ready to be counted upon to do the right thing for the health and highest interest of our patients, our team and for the organization.
- We own and are responsible for our actions and outcomes.
- We take responsibility for our own work and efforts and do not assign cause or blame toward others for the results we are generating.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the Patient Experience. We are answerable as individuals and team members for all interactions our patients have with our organization, we are in charge of patient perceptions, across the continuum of care we provide.
We are transparent and open in our communication both individually and as a team.
- We are open and respectful in our communication. We do not speak poorly of others and bring our challenges and grievances openly to our team and manager.
We are responsible for doing our part for patient outcomes through continuous quality improvement and service excellence
- We are focused on personal, professional and clinical excellence and improving our skills and awareness as a contributing team member. We are open to feedback and training to improve ourselves and the organization.
If you said yes to all of these questions and feel you can add to our culture, please keep reading?
Important/Critical to the interview process to be considered for our team:
The following Accountability Creed is a crucial part of our culture and interview process. We consider our initial interactions as a mutual interview. Are you right for us and are we right for you. Be prepared to speak about how you feel about being part of a culture that embodies this creed. If in the initial phone interview, when you are asked to share your thoughts about the Accountability Creed, if you are unclear or do not recall reading it, you will not proceed in the interview process.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Are you an exceptional Nurse Administrator who absolutely thrives on being part of an accountable team? Can you dedicate yourself to being part of a team serving the needs of children and their families? Do you bring the highest standards of integrity and professionalism to your team? Do you thrive in an environment where you are valued and appreciated for who you are, how hard you work and for that something special you bring to the teams you choose to work with? Are you looking for an organization that offers competitive compensation and one of the broadest and most comprehensive benefit packages available in the field of healthcare?
This is a role that requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to solving problems and patient challenges. We frown upon elitists who often use the phrase "that's not my job" or "someone else can do it". The primary goal is to bring the best patient care and experience for our area's sickest children, not about feeding anyone's ego.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effective collaboration and influence with stakeholders from a variety of functions and businesses at every level.
- Is responsible as the primary point of contact as directed by the CNO.
- Relieves the CNO of administrative type functions in order to increase the CNO?s availability for executive level and clinical responsibilities.
- May handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative needs of the CNO.
- Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material- both personal and professional including licenses and certifications.
- Prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Maintains calendar and meeting schedule, including coordinating personal and professional appointments.
- Ensures Nurse/patient schedule maintained.
- Maintains time sheet system and approves expense reports.
- Assist multiple departments on projects as requested by CNO (i.e. provide back-up support to the nursing team, patient experience team, quality and compliance, etc.).
- Arranges meetings with community partners and agents such as purchasing food and beverages for meetings.
- Arranges travel.
- Attends meetings and may be required to take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintains expense records/receipts and submits receipts to accounting on behalf of the CNO, as well as handling basic personal bookkeeping tasks for the CNO.
- Organizes and hosts meetings with nurse interview candidates.
- Performs miscellaneous errands for the CNO that will require reliable transportation.
- Works with the philanthropy department and/or the CEO on grant submissions; including gathering data, providing research statistics, and coordinating documents between the CNO and the CEO as needed for grant submissions.
- Performs some clinical care such as port access, IV access, lab draws and some medication administration if necessary to ensure that the CNO can visit patients prior to meetings.
- May assist with telephone triage process.
- Represent the CNO and organization at various meetings and maintain level of professionalism.
- Initiate and handle phone calls on behalf of the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Assist with other ad-hoc administrative and project requirements as needed.
- Maintains flexible hours as needed.
- Use discretion and judgement and knowledge of organization to facilitate the CNO?s activities.
- Works independently and within established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Interested in Applying?
Click the button below and you'll be directed to our online application portal then click apply now in the top right corner.APPLY NOW