Medical Records Technician (Las Vegas)
The Cure4TheKids Accountability Creed
We are reliable, trustworthy and act with integrity
- We stand ready to be counted upon to do the right thing for the health and highest interest of our patients, our team and for the organization.
- We own and are responsible for our actions and outcomes.
- We take responsibility for our own work and efforts and do not assign cause or blame toward others for the results we are generating.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the Patient Experience. We are answerable as individuals and team members for all interactions our patients have with our organization, we are in charge of patient perceptions, across the continuum of care we provide.
We are transparent and open in our communication both individually and as a team.
- We are open and respectful in our communication. We do not speak poorly of others and bring our challenges and grievances openly to our team and manager.
We are responsible for doing our part for patient outcomes through continuous quality improvement and service excellence
- We are focused on personal, professional and clinical excellence and improving our skills and awareness as a contributing team member. We are open to feedback and training to improve ourselves and the organization.
If you said yes to all of these questions and feel you can add to our culture, please keep reading?
Important/Critical to the interview process to be considered for our team:
The following Accountability Creed is a crucial part of our culture and interview process. We consider our initial interactions as a mutual interview. Are you right for us and are we right for you. Be prepared to speak about how you feel about being part of a culture that embodies this creed. If in the initial phone interview, when you are asked to share your thoughts about the Accountability Creed, if you are unclear or do not recall reading it, you will not proceed in the interview process.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Are you an exceptional Medical Records Technician who absolutely thrives on being part of an accountable team? Can you dedicate yourself to being part of a team serving the needs of children and their families? Do you bring the highest standards of integrity and professionalism to your team? Do you thrive in an environment where you are valued and appreciated for who you are, how hard you work and for that something special you bring to the teams you choose to work with? Are you looking for an organization that offers competitive compensation and one of the broadest and most comprehensive benefit packages available in the field of healthcare?
This is a role that requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to solving problems and patient challenges. We frown upon elitists who often use the phrase "that's not my job" or "someone else can do it". The primary goal is to bring the best patient care and experience for our area's sickest children, not about feeding anyone's ego.
MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN SUMMARY
The Medical Records Technician works to effectively and efficiently organize and manage all forms of patient healthcare records (PHI). The Medical Records Technician is responsible for the accuracy, consistency, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all patient(s) protected health information (PHI). The Medical Records Technician ensures all records are entered and the document(s) is easily accessible to all healthcare providers, clinical support staff, billing department, and support staff.
The Medical Records Technician is responsible for using a variety of concepts, practices, policies, and procedures written and enforced by The Joint Commission (TJC), Cure 4 The Kids Foundation (C4K), and the Clinical Applications Specialist, to organize a hybrid medical records system (electronic and paper). The Medical Records Technician relies on the best of judgment and critical thinking skills to effectively perform all tasks directly involved with recordkeeping and the transfer of records. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This is a non-exempt hourly position that reports directly to the Clinical Applications Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the proper placement and organization of patient records.
- Receive and process all requests for medical records, adhering to HIPAA and C4K policies and ensuring proper records release documentation is on file.
- Responsible for scanning, filing, and retrieving medical records from a variety of sources including the C4K clinic and local area facilities/hospitals.
- Responsible for proper handling of patient disks (to include copying) and ensuring that requests to mail/ship disks (or documents) are completed and expedited if needed.
- Monitor the EMR?s incoming fax queue to process and disseminate documentation, which is either indexed to the patient?s chart or redirected to other teams.
- Must follow the organization?s policies and uphold high standards for accurate recordkeeping.
- Rely on instructions, department protocol and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Including use of electronic methods of securely transmitting patient records and files.
- Maintain and update Medical Records protocols and indexing rules as processes are changed, eliminated or refined.
- Assist C4K providers with all requests whether received directly or indirectly.
- Professionally greet and process all incoming and outgoing calls related to medical records, checking for pending telephone messages throughout the day then completing them timely and appropriately.
- Make ?rounds? to pick up documents from each clinic department?s ?Med Records box? at least twice daily.
- Manage the patient invitation process for the organization?s patient portal for the C4K providers, which counts toward maintaining quality measures needed for Medicaid/Medicare attestations.
- Responsible for preparing patient charts for upcoming appointments and some of the specialized clinics to include follow-up on outstanding documents or orders placed by the provider.
- Manage and process system queued tasks generated from provider note sign-off, such as faxing visit notes and saving clinical summaries and patient education.
- Check work email and EMR message inboxes for any pending messages throughout the day.
- Must be organized, professional at all times and detail oriented. Must be able to multi-task.
- Maintain the cleanliness of workstation and the medical records department to include electronic equipment, such as mouse/keyboard, workstation/monitor, fax/copier machine, and telephone.
- Maintain appropriate supplies on hand as needed for requests of information.
- Purge patient?s charts per policy or transfers to offsite storage as needed.
- Empty recycling bins multiple times weekly, organize contents in cabinets monthly, and shred older documents per protocol.
- Keep current with HIPAA Policies and The Joint Commission requirements directly related to the Medical Records Department, or other education materials that are required by C4K or the Clinical Applications Specialist.
- Additional tasks may include local travel to pick-up and drop-off patient records to facilities and provider offices.
- May be asked to participate in seminars and take on additional tasks and assignments as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $15.00 - $17.00
Interested in Applying?
Click the button below and you'll be directed to our online application portal then click apply now in the top right corner.APPLY NOW