Clinical Pharmacy Specialist II (Las Vegas)
The Cure4TheKids Accountability Creed
We are reliable, trustworthy and act with integrity
- We stand ready to be counted upon to do the right thing for the health and highest interest of our patients, our team and for the organization.
- We own and are responsible for our actions and outcomes.
- We take responsibility for our own work and efforts and do not assign cause or blame toward others for the results we are generating.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the Patient Experience. We are answerable as individuals and team members for all interactions our patients have with our organization, we are in charge of patient perceptions, across the continuum of care we provide.
We are transparent and open in our communication both individually and as a team.
- We are open and respectful in our communication. We do not speak poorly of others and bring our challenges and grievances openly to our team and manager.
We are responsible for doing our part for patient outcomes through continuous quality improvement and service excellence
- We are focused on personal, professional and clinical excellence and improving our skills and awareness as a contributing team member. We are open to feedback and training to improve ourselves and the organization.
If you said yes to all of these questions and feel you can add to our culture, please keep reading?
Important/Critical to the interview process to be considered for our team:
The following Accountability Creed is a crucial part of our culture and interview process. We consider our initial interactions as a mutual interview. Are you right for us and are we right for you. Be prepared to speak about how you feel about being part of a culture that embodies this creed. If in the initial phone interview, when you are asked to share your thoughts about the Accountability Creed, if you are unclear or do not recall reading it, you will not proceed in the interview process.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Are you an exceptional Pharmacy Technician who absolutely thrives on being part of an accountable team? Can you dedicate yourself to being part of a team serving the needs of children and their families? Do you bring the highest standards of integrity and professionalism to your team? Do you thrive in an environment where you are valued and appreciated for who you are, how hard you work and for that something special you bring to the teams you choose to work with? Are you looking for an organization that offers competitive compensation and one of the broadest and most comprehensive benefit packages available in the field of healthcare?
This is a role that requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to solving problems and patient challenges. We frown upon elitists who often use the phrase "that's not my job" or "someone else can do it". The primary goal is to bring the best patient care and experience for our area's sickest children, not about feeding anyone's ego.
SUMMARY: Employee?s primary role is maintaining all aspects of a USP 797 and USP 800 compliant pharmacy; including maintaining an appropriate inventory of drugs and supplies, as well as compounding and preparing medications for administration and dispensing to patients at Cure 4 The Kid?s Foundation. This is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Pharmacist.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
a. Clinic Pharmacy Specialist II performs routine administrative tasks required to keep the pharmacy running smoothly.
b. Must be familiar with sterile environment (biohazard safety cabinet) procedures including using proper personal protection equipment (PPE).
c. Maintain proper storage and security conditions for the inventory including hazardous medications, LASA, controlled substances, etc.
d. Prepare medications with proper labeling.
e. Clean and maintain equipment and work areas.
f. Order, stock, and count all inventory, using the Nucleus to its fullest capabilities.
g. Communicate all pertinent drug and medical supply information to other members of the clinical team; including drug and equipment re-calls, shortages and/or supply issue
h. Prepare for administration the following medications per provider orders according to established protocol, policy and procedures:
- Intravenous medications and solutions
- Oral drugs
i. Mandatory work day schedule on December 31st for pharmacy inventory purposes.
SECONDARY ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Interact with others and may have to handle several responsibilities at once.
Clinic Duties may include but not limited to the following:
Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks including:
- Sterilize medical instruments.
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
- Authorize drug refills as directed.
- Telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy.
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician.?
Interested in Applying?
Click the button below and you'll be directed to our online application portal then click apply now in the top right corner.APPLY NOW